Always attentive to the actions which can contribute to environmental conservation and mainly of the forests, Eucatex invests in the reuse of wood residue, reducing pollution in the environment. The Eucatex Recycling Program uses wood residue to generate energy and has the following objectives:
- Use of biomass (renewable energy source) in generating energy. It is a more economical technology and has less impact on the environment, as it does not depend upon burning diesel oil or natural gas;
- Environmental responsibility, through awareness together with partners to stop discarding residue in landfills of on empty ground;
- Social responsibility, through partnerships with cooperatives and APAE, which receive benefits in accordance with the volume collected.
Types of material for recycling
Pallets (new, old, whole, broken or with nails in them), pieces of wood (as reels), building rubble and parts. Further information can be obtained by calling 0800 77 01 909.
Advantages offered to partners
- Organization of the wood residue area;
- Correct destination for the wood residue;
- Letter of consent certifying the volumes generated and forwarded monthly;
- Logistics using roll on/roll off trucks;
- Making 37 m³ buckets available for collecting the wood residue;
- Guarantee of collecting wood residue as scheduled;
- Quick scheduling through a free call to 0800 77 01 909;
- Exchange within 24 hours (for requests made by 03:00pm of the day prior to the exchange);
- Company certified by ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Check out the Eucatex Recycling Program step-by-step
The Eucatex Recycling Program aims to avoid that tons of wood residue are deposited on landfills, as well as to preserve 1 million trees per year in its reforestation areas and save 15 million liters of water. All this in a simple and functional manner, respecting nature.
- Eucatex studies the economic and technical feasibility together with the vendor. It evaluates the quality, the volume of the residue and the localization of the vendor.
- The residue can be collected in buckets or received at Eucatex, in Salto (SP), where it will be collected and transported for processing (A).
- At the Recycling Center (B), there is the crushing process (C), the removal of nonferrous materials and metals (D), cleaning and separation (E).
- The resulting chips are stored (F) and used to generate energy (G) or as part of the production process (H).
- All the residue processed is quantified and Eucatex issues the letters of consent, certifying that the material received was correctly forwarded.